Saturday, January 3, 2009

What we did on our Christmas Vacation...

We arrived home last night around 8pm and I was so glad to sleep in my own bed! We had a great time visiting with friends and family while in Fresno, and now we are both ready to get back to normal life.

The best parts of our vacation:

- Went to Grace Place (our church in Fresno) and saw many of our friends that we've missed

- I spent almost an entire day with Lynae and Andrea. Andrea has gotten so big since I last saw her in July! (So had Lynae- but in a good way - she's expecting a baby boy in March)

- Last minute shopping with Beth - I miss my shopping partner!

- We went to Madera Christmas Eve to visit Alex's family there

- Watching Marnie's face as she opened her gift from all of us (we pitched in with my parents and siblings). I have a picture of the exact moment she realised it was an American Girl doll!

- Grocery shopping and long talks with my Mom - I miss her so much :(

- Grandma Lion taking us all (his parents and his sister Rose and her husband Jesse) out to a fancy family dinner (I had duck:)

- Putting together a 1000 piece puzzle with Alex's parents

- Spending an afternoon just hanging out with Cass "like old times"

- My mom's prime rib dinner for dads birthday on New Years Eve - and the look on dads face when he saw the putter Kris and I went in on together!

- Seeing "Despereaux" at the theater with Grandma Lion. It was a great movie!

I'll have to post pictures later (my camera is in my car and I'm feeling too lazy to go outside in the cold to bring it in!)
*Edit- Here's the pictures!
Mom and Audrey on Christmas Eve
Matt & Beth Christmas morning (Matt looked up from the PSP just to take the picture:)Marnie and Kit, her new American Girl Doll (Mom and Karey are in the pix too!)Dad with the birthday cake I made for him - yellow cake with chocolate frosting, just like always!The finished puzzle! Me and Alex and his parents

3 comments:

sheree said...

glad you guys had a fun trip. I always think the best part of a vacation is coming home to your own bed ;)

And why did I not know I shared a birthday with your dad?! Imagine that! lol

Janna said...

I always remember your birthday because you share it with my dad! I remember that from when we were little!

Beth said...

I really like all these pics! :)