Monday, January 19, 2009

Randomness

I’m still sick but at least it’s also yucky outside. Being sick on a sunny day to makes me feel worse because I’m stuck inside.

I’ve realized the benefits and drawbacks of having a cold living away from home. The drawback is that I can’t just call my mom and ask her to bring over food, magazines, and cough syrup. Alex has been pretty good about that the last couple of days because his classes have only been half days. But today he’s gone from 8am until 9pm because he also has his MPH class tonight, so I’m on my own. The benefit of living far away from home is that I had no problem running to Walmart this morning before I showered, in my sweats, with my hair looking awful and no makeup on. I felt like crap and since I don’t have to worry about running into anyone I know, I didn’t care. So there! (I did, however, get several strange looks as I sneezed and coughed my way through the isles.)

In the midst of all this, I’m suppose to be the ladies from the small group I’m leading at church next month, but after calling 5 of them on Monday, I feel too icky to do anything. I might try to tackle it this afternoon. We’ll see.

My wonderful husband, who has been taking good care of me the last few days, picked up movies for me. Ratatouille and Open Season are both really cute kids’ flicks if you haven’t seen them yet. (I like cartoons when I’m sick- and when I’m not sickJ)

That’s all the randomness for today.

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Hi Janna, nice to meet you in blog-land! Your blog is fabulous and its so nice to meet more God-lover girls.
Will be checking your blog lots!
xxx

sheree said...

ugh...sorry you have been feeling crummy!

I love Ratatoullie. We have open season too and while I think it is hilarious, I can't let cam watch it...did you happen to notice the F-Bomb in the opening menu? What the heck is THAT about?

lol

Janna said...

Sheree, I didn't notice it! I knew it was PG, but, hey, its a kids movie!