Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Like Christmas in January...

I'm really enjoying my new job. It's a great way of keeping my skills up, and cake decorating is just so much fun to teach. As a teacher, I choose what classes I teach - and I just love the project classes. Most of the cake decorating classes are two hours, one day a week, for four weeks. The project classes are just one day, two hour classes that teach you how to do spicific Wilton projects. For example, last month I taught a cookie bouquet class, this month I'm teaching a candy making class, ect.

One of the things I absolutely LOVE about my new job is the fantastic deals I am able to get on my cake decorating and candy making supplies. One of the reasons why I love to sign up for the "project classes" (candy making, Brownies, cookies) is because the company gives me a killer discount on the supplies we need for the classes.

I was thrilled today when my first package from Wilton arrived - with everything I need for my candy class at the end of this month! It's like Christmas all over again!!!



The hubb's has been harassing me a bit, saying that I'm probably spending as much as I make. I'm figure I'm just working to afford my hobby!

2 comments:

Aunt Nutty said...

Ooh that looks like a lot of fun! If you teach classes in Fresno, I want to be sure to attend one!

Sammy said...

What a fun job! It's so great doing something that you love.
And thanks for the insight into Fresno!