Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yum... BBQ!!!

We were craving home cooked BBQ like my dad makes and knowing that Alex starts classes tomorrow we decided to do something a little special to celebrate. So I called dad and got some good tips on how to make an excellent tri tip. First we headed over to Walmart to get a BBQ ($17 on clearance – woo hoo!), Charcoal, a charcoal chimney, and a tri tip (yes, I love having a Super Walmart* so close that we walk to buy groceries). Than Alex drove to Safeway to get seasoning (they didn’t carry the one we liked at Walmart) while I set up the BBQ. I followed the directions just as dad told me (after many phone calls throughout the process – thanks dad!) and we ended up with the best tri tip I’ve ever made!!!! So hats off to the Master of the Grill – my dad! He is defiantly the one to call if you want some seriously good BBQ eats!

(*disclaimer – I have never been a big fan of Walmart. In Fresno, I would rarely go into one. But considering the nearest Target is 8 miles away, and involves getting on three freeways, and that gas was $4.13 a gallon last time I filled up, the Super Walmart next to our Apartment that we can walk to has become one of my favorite places for economical reasons. I mean where else can you go and buy slacks for work and chicken for dinner at the same time?)

No comments: