Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to School!!!

Alex started med school orientation today, and so far so good. His actually classes start on Thursday. He also has two more weeks of the summer MPH classes, so that means he's at Touro from 8am -9pm until his summer classes are out. I should become very familiar with the term "med-school widow" this week!

So July flew by for us, as I had stated in my previous post, but I'm looking forward for what August has in store. Alex's sister and her husband are visiting this weekend so we are excited about being able to spend some time with them.


The bank is finally fully staffed so I'm working between 35-40 hrs a week now, much better than the 45hr a week I was working in May and June. The even gave me all labor day weekend off so that's something I'm looking forward to.

I've also decided to finish my bachelor's degree. I've currently applied at Life Bible College's Degree Completion Program. They are located in Southern Cal but they have a program where I can complete my degree (AS to BA) in Ministry and Leadership from online one night a week. I've had an itch to finish my Bachelor's for a few years now and I think I've finally found the one major that I can't say "but what if I never use it?". For several years now I've felt a burden for women who struggle with infertility like I do. I've spoken with friends who have the same struggle and I'm amazed at how hard it is for women with this burden to find support at church - mainly because no one (especially women going through infertility) wants to talk about it. So I'm following where I feel God is leading me. And for right now that means a degree in Ministry and Leadership. I 'm really looking forward to what God has in store for us as I continue to pursue my education.

No comments: