Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Bagged a Coach!

I'm off on a Saturday! Can you believe it - its practically a miracle! LOL. Actually I'm only kinda off - I have to go in for a work meeting at 2:30 to 4:30. bah humbug! oh well, I'm enjoying it while its lasts :)

We had a great time with Rose and Jesse last weekend while they were staying with us. I had to work on Friday and Saturday while they were here, but we were able to fit in some quality shopping time at the outlets. And Rose and I each both got our "first" Coach purses! And before some of you gasp at the use of my clothing budget, let me explain the purchase:


I had been eyeing a certain Coach purse since i saw a customer at work with it. It had a strap so you can wear it across your body, and the bag was just big enough to fit what I needed but small enough that I wouldn't be throwing out my back by carrying it. When I went online to look at the prices, I decided I could do without. The one I had wanted was around $150 - a good price for a Coach purse, but not something I could justify for myself. Well Rose has been wanting one as well but was facing the same dilemma as me with the price, so we decided to go to the Coach Outlet in Napa. It was crazy in there! Lots of people and lots of purses! We looked at several, before we found the clearance rack (mama taught me well!). Then I saw it - a purse exactly like what I had been wanting before on the "Additional 50% off" shelf! So I did the math and purse would only be $60! I could afford that! So I used over half of my monthly clothing budget to buy this purse (Alex just rolls his eyes because he really doesn't get it). Rose found a similar deal on a bag bigger than mine but with the same fabric. I figured that that's what I would have spent on two purses at Sears so I could justify it in my own mind. I REALLY love my purse!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at this post, because I have the same purse in black. Someone else bought it for me (it's actually a bit complicated how I ended up with it), but I love it! It's the perfect size and I can carry it across my shoulder. It is definitely worth spending a bit extra for a well designed purse that is well made.

Janna said...

Oh that would be so cute in black! Ya, I didn't really get the whole "Coach" thing for a long time but now I've got the bug. Its a really nice purse!

Janna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.