Saturday, August 30, 2008

Systematic Theology 1

Ugh. I received my distance learning packets a few weeks ago with the two bible classes I elected to take. Life Pacific requires I take 4 bible classes before I start the degree completion program so this is my way to test the waters and see if I'm really going to do this. So the one I'm really enjoying is Intro to Biblical Literature. I'm learning about the bible in a much deeper way that I'm really enjoying. I'm amazed at how the little things I didn't know make so much more sense now.
So the other class I'm taking is Systematic Theology 1. Alex told me this would be a great class for me to take to understand Christian theology better. Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have listened to Alex! Just kidding. To tell you the truth, I'm intimidated. This is what the beginning of the course description says:
"Systematic Theology 1 is a study of the sources, methods, and doctrines of Christian theology. Particular attention for this study will be given in the areas of Theology Proper (study of the doctrine of God), Christology (study of the person of Christ), Anthropology (study of the doctrine of man), Hamartiology (study of the doctrine of sin)."

Christology?!? Harmartiology?!? What have I gotten myself into!

No comments: