Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm growing

School is changing me.

For one, its kicking my butt. I'm taking Old Testament Foundations right now and having to do a 3-5 page position paper and working on my exegetical class project each week (don't you just love the word exegetical? It just sounds hard!) I've gotten straight A's so far (that has never happened in my LIFE!) but this class may be the one that breaks that streak - I'm about a week behind trying to play catch up.

But I love it. I've never loved anything so much that has been so hard to do. I'm reading the Word and understanding it. I'm leading bible studies. I'm preparing sermon outlines. I'm going to be a pastor.

Yep, thats right. I'm going to be a pastor. Its finally sinking in. Its strange for me to realise that this is my call. I always thought Alex was going to be a pastor. Nope. God had a different plan for him. And for me.

I still don't know where it's going to lead. I don't think I'm supose to know right now. But I'm excited about what God has in store for me.

When everything is uncertain around me I know that Christ is the rock I can stand on. I feel at peace. He shows me grace and mercy. I am His beloved. And its finally sinking in...

No comments: