Thursday, March 25, 2010

Albania here I come...

A few months ago our church asked for sign-ups for people who are interested in going on a mission trip this summer. And I signed up! I knew that with the 6 or so baby shower I would have to go to this summer and one that I’m hosting, that I really want something else to focus on.

I was so excited when one of the pastors called me today and asked if I want to be a part of the Albania team! The really cool part is that my pastor at Grace Place in Fresno, the one who married Alex and I, is leading the team and bringing two Life students. Our church up here, East Bay, is going to send 6 people - so I get to be a part of both of my church’s mission teams! What a great way to transition back home. I'm so excited!

As of now, I know that I will need ot raise $2400 and we are going June 26-July 10. We will be working with the full time missionaries that are working in that community. More details will come later.

Praise the Lord! I'm so excited about what God has in store for me!

3 comments:

jamie said...

wow! that's so exciting for you. praying for a good trip =)

Anonymous said...

Be careful Janna. Be prepared to fall in love with the country of Albania!.
I went the first time in 2003 and have been back twice since.
Albanians are beautiful and the most hospitable people you will ever meet!

Jodi said...

That's so exciting Janna!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!