Monday, March 23, 2009

A quilt for Ben

I've been in Fresno since Friday helping my mom finish the quilt we've been working on for Ben. Because he's going to be 2 1/2 when he comes home, we made it twin size so he can use it longer.

Kristi had picked out the fabric 3 years ago when she and Doug started the process, and it's hard to believe that she's finally getting her child! The colorful blocks have different kinds of fishes on them. She painted the nursery this weekend in a light "island blue" and is planning on going with a whimsical underwater theme.

Here's a pix of the quilt we are so proud of!



I love working on the quilts but always forget how much work they are. I'm exhausted!

3 comments:

G-Ma said...

Oh my gosh, it turned out so cute!!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Nicely done!

Beth said...

I really really like this quilt!!!