Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just had to share

Kristi and Doug are definitely adopting Ben! The decision was final this week (as if there was really any question:) We are all hoping they are able to travel in May to pick him up, but it could be June or July.
They also received a few updated pictures that are so freaking cute I had to share.
I'm already SUPER excited to be an Aunt!!!



After Kristi received the referral, two weeks ago, I drove down and spent the weekend with my family in Fresno. Its definitely changed things - she was expecting an infant girl and is getting a toddler boy. She and Doug are thrilled to be getting him, its mean cleaning all the "girl stuff" out of his room. Than we went with Kris to register at Target for her "baby shower" because Babies R Us really didn't have what she needs for a toddler. Its amazing how the last 3 years has seemed like the "worlds longest pregnancy" for her, but now that she has the referral we are all rushing around to make sure his quilt it made, and the nursery is done and that Kristi and Doug have everything they need to bring this little man home. Its fun though - now I have a reason to buy cute boy stuff :)

7 comments:

G-Ma said...

oh my gosh, he is so cute!!! Let me know when the "Toddler Shower" is. Sheree & I and the kiddos are coming to Fresno for Easter - We all need to get together - really!!!

jamie said...

oh i'm so happy for your sister (and you! its great fun being an aunt). little boys are just so precious, especially when such a long wait is over...

Aunt Nutty said...

Baby Ben is soo cute. I am so happy for Kristie & her husband. It's great being an aunty. You get to spoil them and do fun stuff with them then give them back to their mommy and daddy. It's great!

Janna said...

The shower is going to be April 11, the day before Easter. We figured more people would be traveling than. Mom is sending out the invites this week!

Sammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sammy said...

Hmmm would be good if I wrote Janna not Banna!
Anyway, I wanted to say how wonderful the news is and adoption is amazing!

sheree said...

woohoo! Ben is wayyyy too cute!!