Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trying to find the perfect cake

I haven't made one of my "fancy cakes" in a year. Last March was the last wedding cake I did before moving up to Napa. I loved working on my cakes but unfortunately my little kitchen in our little apartment can not handle the amount of buttercream and fondant I could throw at it.

Since I'm co-hosting my sister's adoption shower in a few weeks, I am in search of the perfect cake. Mainly because I don't care for store bought cakes. It been fun but a frustrating search to find a cake design I really like for her shower. I know I want it to be two tiers and possibly basketweave, but after looking on wilton.com and cakecentral.com, I am still coming up with nothing. Looks like I'm going to have to be creative and design it myself.

And since I was feeling nostalgic about my cake decorating, I thought I post my cake slideshow, since I haven't had it up. It does kinda make me want to rethink adopting this year and go to the Culinary Institute of America this year instead. Just kidding:)


2 comments:

Sammy said...

WOW! My jaw hit the floor when I looked at your slideshow! What an incredible talent- I love the black lacy one best

Unknown said...

You are an amazing woman with an amazing talent!