Sunday, September 6, 2009

Strength will rise...

I could just say I've had an incredibly busy summer, which I have, but that wouldn't really be truthful about why I haven't blogged lately. The last month has been transitional for me. The bible study I was leading ended, I finished the two classes I was taking (A's in both- Theology wasn't as scary as I originally thought), and one of my best friends moved to start seminary. I start my new classes and my new bible study this week, as well as a few optional foster classes I signed up for. But the last few weeks have basically been spent hanging around the house trying not to think about how slow this process is.

It's one of the frustrating things about the adoption process... all the waiting. And with all the waiting I really have nothing new to write about except how my mind is constantly thinking about babies and children, and how I feel like this is taking forever. OK its only been 3 months since we started. We have everything done but the homestudy. And now we have to wait to be contacted by the agency that the county subcontracts homestudies out to (did you catch that?) Since the State made some big budget cuts, our county is down to 3 placement social workers, so they are having to subcontract their homestudies out to a private agency. Just means more waiting for the extremely impatient me.

I have managed to get the kids room done, and have spent quality time quilting so the bed and crib could have matching bedding. Plus it keeps my hands busy and makes time go by faster.

I keep being reminded by everyone that once we have our children, we will look back and think this time went by so fast. I know there right. I look at my sister with her son Ben and she practically has no recollection of pain of they 3 years she waited for him. Its taking dedication to try to focus on that rather than the wait. The Lord is streching me.

I'll wrap this up with song lyrics from Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin that inspired the title of my blog:

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Waiting stinks Janna- no two ways about it. And yes God builds things in us and gives us the strength to survive but it still stinks!
And I totally get hiding away from bloggie land... xxx

Mom said...

Glad your posting again, I missed peeking into the window of your world. Love Ya

Tricia said...

I know the waiting stinks! But once the kids come it will make up for all the waiting...physically and mentally lol