Monday, May 4, 2009

Paper Pregnant




We've picked the agency that we want to work with (thank you Kirsten for the recommendation). Alex and I went to the information meeting Saturday and were able to get all of our questions answered and both felt good about moving forward with them. The staff was really nice and very knowledgeable and even though they are a large company they feel like a small office. They have locations in 4 states, but their Bay Area office is literally right down the street from us.

We've just gotten started on the home study paperwork, and boy there is a lot to fill out. I don't remember the last time I had to right a autobiography. Or when I last needed to discuss the things Alex and I usually have disagreements about. But hey, its going to be so worth it in the long run! Of course, I am having panic attacks thinking that we won't pass the home study (apparently that's a pretty common fear, but most people pass). We have a packet of paperwork to do before our weekend seminars at the end of the month. Hopefully I can get these done fast now that we are all moved. The average wait time for a match is 12 months, so we have awhile once our profile is up, but at least we will have our part done.

This is finally feeling real!

3 comments:

sheree said...

I am laughing at the term "paper pregnant." :)

I am sure it is SO common to feel anxious. Try and relax...this is happening :)

Sammy said...

You will definately pass! We were worries too but we did just fine.

Yay! Paper pregnant! That really does make it all real

Praying that it all happens quickly for you and Alex xxx

Kirsten said...

Glad to hear the process is moving! Can't wait to see how this progresses...