Monday, December 1, 2008

No Christmas Tree, No Christmas Tree, how I will miss your branches....

We decided not to decorate for Christmas this year. It's kinda depressing, but very practical. All of our Christmas stuff is in storage at our house in Fresno. If we wanted to decorate we would have to bring all that stuff up here, unpack it to decorate, than after Christmas we'd repack all of it up and drive it back to Fresno. Seeing as we're planning on staying in Fresno during Alex's 3 week break anyway, it just seems like too much work. We can enjoy our parents decorations instead!

That being said, I have always started decorating the day after Thanksgiving. Christmas is my favorite holiday so it's taking a lot of self control to hold back and not just buy new stuff. I have, however, already started on my Christmas cards. And I'm going to be baking like I've never baked before. Just because I don't have decorations doesn't me I can't make mom's famous ginger cookies :) I'm also helping decorating at our church this week, so that will help my need to be creative.

We had a nice week in Fresno. Thanksgiving was wonderful as usual, and we were both able to spend lots of time with our families. Beth dragged me out at 4:00am on Black Friday because there was a great sale at Aeropostle and Penny's. Since I'm not going to be there for her birthday in a couple weeks, I joined in on the early morning fun. (Seriously, the only reason I was up at 3:30 am is because she's my sister and I love her and I miss my shopping buddy!) Marnie even tagged along and boy was she a trooper. The best part of the whole morning was when she went up to the counter at Starbucks and order a "Tall, decaf, eggnog latte, please"(Its funny because she's nine!) The look on the cashier's face was priceless! And yes, she drank the whole thing.

I'm still recovering from Fridays sleep deprivation, so I'll be heading off to take a nap now. Toodles.

1 comment:

sheree said...

agh! You girls are crazy! There is no way I could drag myself out of bed that early, ha!

Hey...maybe you can get one of those little Christmas tree's (like 2ft.) That would be so cute!