Monday, May 19, 2008

Mobile blogging...

So guess where I am?!? I'm in the car on the way to orientation in San Francisco (no, I'm not driving - Alex is :) Have I told you how much I hate driving in Bay Area traffic? Also how much I really hate being in SF? And why is it that its required I go to orientation after already working one week at the branch? Interesting....

Anyway, blogging right now is helping me not be a "Nervous Nelly" and drive my husband insane by by backseat driving (is it still called 'backseat driving' if I'm sitting in the front seat? Sorry I ponder some really stupid things when I'm up this early and have massive amounts of coffee in me.)

So we found a church! Its this little Foursquare church in Napa called Napa Foursquare Church (ironic huh?). It is exactly what we were looking for! The church is like one big family. The pastor is great - not afraid to tell it the way it is and the message yesterday was awesome. Afterward we went out to lunch at this amazing restaurant with, basically, everyone from the church. Pastor John's son-in-law owns the restaurant - and it was amazing. Its even Zagat rated! I'm definitely taking anyone who comes and visits us, out to lunch there.

So, we are getting closer to SF and the traffic is getting thicker.... and since I'm blogging I'm not biting my nails - woo hoo!!! I really don't think its fair that carpool lane here is for 3 or more people. I should have brought Audrey with us... she counts right? LOL.

Its cold and foggy-ish up here today - a much needed break from all the heat we had over the weekend. (Can you tell yet that now I'm just trying to come up with things to type so that I don't have to pay attention to the traffic?)

We just went thru the toll to get on the bay bridge... okay I'm not going to have a panic attack, I'm not going to have a panic attack, I'm not going to have a panic attack...

Do I sound convincing?

Orientation starts at 8:30 and its already 8:09... I wonder if I'm going to be late... well hopefully they understand. And I need to pee!!! That was probably TMI.. sorry.

Alex is such a good driver! He handling merging traffic with no problem. Probably from his years driving an ambulance.

Ok, I guess I'll finish this post. I'm sure we'll get there in one piece. and later I'll try to post the picture of traffic I took on my phone.

2 comments:

Kate C said...

I totally understand how you feel. I also get pretty nervouse when I am in traffic like that. Although it tends to be worse if I am a passenger. If I am driving I am usually much calmer because I feel more in control!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to come see your church and try the restruant!! I Love good food!
-Lynae