Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everyday is a winding road...

Okay, so, sorry I haven't blogged for awhile. Its been a hectic week since moving and we finally have connection to the Internet again! We just got back from a funeral for my (Janna) Aunt Sis who passed away on Sunday. It was a time of saying goodbye and grieving but we also got a chance to see dear family who we don't see often. As my cousin Daven put it "She (Aunt Sis) had a way of getting everyone together".

We moved on Sunday May 4th without too may issues. The movers were excellent, exceeding my expectations, and eliminating all doubts I had of movers. The apartment is beautiful! It really does feel like a home. The whole complex is only a year old so we have all new appliances, and new carpet and nice features such as neutral beige paint (instead of boring white) and crown moulding. None of those thing are necessary in a place but it does make it feel more "homey". We we able to get everything unpacked accept my cake decoration supplies (I miss my cabinet space!) by the end of last week. Bogey and Audrey are getting use to the routine and the neighborhood. Things are feeling a little more settled now.

Alex had orientation last Thursday and started classes on Monday. He really likes the classes and has made several friends. I started work on Monday, and, well, I think I'll really like my job once I'm actually fully trained. Training is hard and they are short staffed and the branch manager is on maternity leave so its making training a little more difficult than it probably normally is. But I'll get the hang of it soon and I think I'm going to really like working in banking. The irony of our schedule is that for now I'm working from 10am - 6pm and he has classes through the summer from 6pm - 9pm. At least we have weekends together, which is still more than we had when he was working as a medic!!!

I know there is a lot more to post but its been a long day so I going to spare you all the details that I know you want so that I can rest and maybe write a "part two" later.

No comments: